River Basin Management Plan (RBMP): characterization of a River Basin, estimation of pressures and their impacts on water resources with participation of expert from National Agency “Apele Romane”, branch from Prut River basin management unit from Iasi. Participants: Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment, Water Agency “Apele Moldovei”, enterprise involved in water management, NGO sector, contractor, Institute of Ecology and Geography, synergy project ADA/SDC experts.
The results were next:
- understanding and mastering the first steps of River Basin Management Plan development
- coordination the on-going contract on Danube Prut and Black Sea (delineation of main course of Prut river, characterization and RBMP)
- starting preparation next steps, including basin stakeholder’s involvement
- initiating to closer cooperation with Romanian planners working on the right bank of the Prut basin
- defining protected areas according new methodology in communication with ADA/SDC project experts
- preparing next cross road workshop at beginning of the February 2019.