The Water Commission was created by Decree of the Azerbaijani President, Ilham Aliyev, on 15 April 2020.
- Shahin Mustafayev - Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan and chairman of the Water Commission. © Azertag.az
Water Commission to coordinate water resources management
The role of the newly created Water Commission is to ensure the efficient use of water resources in the country by coordinating all water sector management activities.
The Commission will analyse the current situation of water resources use and water management, increase efficiency, improve accounting and management, and provide operational coordination in this area.
A Cabinet of Ministers set up to resolve any issues arising will involve related state entities, scientific organisations, qualified specialists, and international experts. Every six months, the Cabinet will submit information on the progress made to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The post of Commission Secretary has been created to implement the above tasks and coordinate the work of the Commission, which is chaired by Shahin Mustafayev - Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Members of the Commission
- • Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- • Minister of Economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- • Minister of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- • Minister of Finance of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- • Chairman of Azerbaijan Amelioration and Water Farm Open Joint-Stock Company
- • Chairman of Azersu Open Joint Stock Company
- • President of Azerenergy Open Joint Stock Company
- • Chief of the State Agency for Water Resources of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Azerbaïjan, Baku, ©OECD