Water Day celebration process, EUWI+ project has organised the second consultation meeting with stakeholders on March, 21 in Bolnisi, Georgia. More than 50 participants including government representatives and local authorities, basin organisations, residential and business water users, NGOs and experts were there. The workshop was very participative with full discussion on the Khrami-Debed river basin management plan. People were able to give specific feedback and comments on the state of water resources, on the impact of Human Activities on water resources in Khrami-Debed river basin.
In parallel to the consultation meeting, an open lesson was organized for 45 school pupils in the range of 6th-10th grades. The project experts delivered presentation about the World Water Day, the importance of water for life and the findings of the project related to Khrami-Debed river basin. The pupils got involved in practical activity including their participation in water sample testing.
The events were well covered by media; the EUWI+ project representatives had the opportunity to present, in a 15mn show on TV news, the support of the European Union and EUWI+ to improve water management in Georgia.
- https://goo.gl/ivsBbF - News agency "Accent"
- https://goo.gl/CU5aYv - Ipress
- https://goo.gl/SyXsaS - Media Holding "Sunday"
- https://goo.gl/cDJM7k - TV Palitra
- https://goo.gl/UBM8iT - TV 1
- https://goo.gl/fGpVA4 - TV Imedi “Chronicle”
- https://goo.gl/tFvTXJ - Radio Imedi
- https://goo.gl/S2aj2b - Palitra news
- https://goo.gl/TwrcsN - GHN
- https://goo.gl/atVkQn - PIA.ge
- https://goo.gl/UKZ9kV - MEPA/Facebook page
- https://goo.gl/opiB5f - MEPA/official web page
- https://goo.gl/UWdo3G - Bolnisi news
- https://www.interpressnews.ge/ka/article/538323-bolnisshi-xrami-debedas-auzis-martvis-gegmis-sakonsultacio-shexvedra-gaimarta/ - Interpressnews