The training workshop to review and discuss the first steps of the Dnipro River Basin Management Plan development was organized by the EUWI+ project on 11-12 December in Kyiv.
The workshop was dedicated to RBMP team (specialists from Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources, State Agency of Water Resources including Basin Organisation BUVR, and research institutes) and EUWI+ contractors.
As by its completion, the key stakeholders/participants exchanged opinions on the recommendations made by the EUWI+ experts related to the proposed delineation of water bodies and River Basin characterisation, as well as the next steps of the Dnipro RBMP development. Experts from Belarus and Georgia spoke about ongoing work on the delineation of water bodies, while international experts shared their experience in developing river basin management plans in the EU countries such as Austria and France. In addition, issues such as the capacity building of key stakeholders, the communication, the transboundary coordination for the Pripyat River basin, and awareness-raising campaigns were addressed and thoroughly discussed during this meeting.
During the practical collective exercises, the group identified and localised main issues in the Dnipro river basin, and worked on the complete planning process (main issues, stakes, goals, objectives, measures) for some stakes.
Presentations (in Ukrainian):
- River Basin Management Plan: first steps.
- General characterization of the Dnipro river basin district.
- Water quality from available data.
- Human activities and water uses.
- Delineation of groundwater bodies.
- Strategy and communication plan for stakeholder involvement into the River Basin Management Plan.
- Surface water bodies of the Dnipro river basin district.
- Water resources of the Dnipro river basin district and their use.
- Estimation of human pressures and their impact on the status of surface water.
- Water Framework Directive as a part of the integrated water resources management.
Video on Surface water bodies delineation: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=360065878091990