Regional Workshop on data processing and analysis took place in Kyiv on March 21-22, 2019.
Data processing and analysis is pre-requisite for the definition of reference conditions and class boundary setting in ecological classification methods.
The objectives of the workshop were:
- To understand and master the steps from data collection to ESCS development
- To be able to calculate selected biological metrics
- To be able to carry out basic statistical analyses
- To evaluate existing biological data from EPIRB and EUWI+ surveys
- To identify open issues and needs for further data calculations
- To adapt and tailor the next survey in EUWI+ for improving the data basis for the development of WFD compliant ESCS
Participants from Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova were invited. The workshop aimed at hydro-biologists responsible for biological monitoring, data analyses and the assessment of the ecological status of surface waters.