In the frame of EUWI+, 3 kick-off meetings to plan the future work of Ukrainian experts were held in Kyiv on June 2019.
20 experts are mobilised to carry out key studies for the elaboration of Dnipro RBMP
These meetings aimed at launching collaboration with Ukrainian experts who will carry out the necessary studies for the development of the Dnipro River Basin Management plan (RBMP).
These studies are in line with the following steps required by the European Water Framework Directive in order to develop a River Basin Management Plan:
- analysis of pressures and impact on water resources,
- risk assessment of the status of surface water and groundwater in the future,
- environmental objectives for surface water and groundwater,
- monitoring programme for groundwater,
- first part of economic analysis
Based on this experience, national methodologies will be drafted in order to help future implementation of these steps in the other Ukrainian River Basin Districts.
Work of Ukrainian experts contribute to improve the capacity to develop RBMP in Ukraine
The results of these studies will be presented during a technical workshop by the end of 2019 and will be discussed during local consultation in Dnipro River Basin during the first half of 2020.