- From left to right: Mr Grygoriy Shmatkov – NPP Centre for Environmental Audit and Clean Technologies;
- Ms Oksana Konovalenko - EUWI+ national representative in Ukraine; Mr Oleksii Anguretc - Deputy Chairman of the Regional Council
- for the Executive Office - Head of the Department of Ecology, Energy Saving and Investment of the Executive Office of the Dnipropetrovsk Regional Council;
- Ms Viktoriya Yashkina – Communications and Events Coordinator SEE Secretariat Project United Nations Development Programme
- ©Yurii Beskov
Water was a key subject in discussions to determine the strategy of Ukraine’s green agenda. Ms Oksana Konovalenko, representative of the European Union Water Initiative Plus project in Ukraine, took part in the United Nations Development Programme conference “Green agenda for Ukraine: regional level” on 24 February in the Dnipro region.
Participants discussed several water-related issues:
- The place of water policy in the parliament’s priorities and environmental action plan
- The impact of several international agreements, including the Association Agreement on the state water’s policy
- Industry’s impact on water resources
- Quality monitoring of water resources and how to foster reduction of negative environmental impacts.
Participants in the event included among others deputies from Ukraine, representatives of the Dnipro and Dnipropetrovsk region authorities and community initiatives, and experts on environment policy.The event was organised by United Nations Development Programme Ukraine in the framework of the project “Support to the Parliament of Ukraine on Sustainable Energy and Environment”.